PVC products are made of polyvinyl chloride – a dangerous poison that can destroy the nervous system and cause cancer. Isolation of vinyl chloride in the environment increases, even with a small heating.
Unfortunately, PVC – a very common plastic. Find it everywhere you can. In the apartment he found most often in the form of linoleum (except for some expensive brands), vinyl, plastic window frames, plastic toys (from dolls to children’s dental rings). PVC also make different kinds of packages, including for food products: bottles, packets, etc.
Buy something from PVC, remember:
- To give flexibility to PVC it is often added to the so-called plasticizers – phthalates or phthalate esters, which hit the body can cause liver and kidney, reducing the protective properties of the body, infertility, cancer. PVC may also contain other harmful substances: cadmium, chromium, lead, formaldehyde.
- Particularly dangerous PVC combustion. It is known that the combustion of 1 kilogram of PVC produces up to 50 milligrams of dioxins. This is quite sufficient for the development of cancerous tumors in laboratory animals 50 000.
- There is no safe processing technologies PVC. It is virtually impossible to re-use and comes in the furnace in incineration plants (incinerator) or to landfill. Dioxins, tirelessly manufactured incinerators apply to hundreds or thousands of kilometers.
- Production of an PVC windows leads to the formation of about 20 grams of toxic waste. A renovation of the entire apartment with the use of materials made of PVC, entails the formation of 1 kg (!) Of toxic waste.
- In one year, factories producing PVC, emit several thousand tons of vinyl chloride, endangering the health of workers and residents of nearby settlements.
- The production of PVC is also used chlorine, so in its manufacture and disposal in the environment, a large amount of dioxins – highly toxic substances that cause cancer and undermine immunity.
How to identify products made of PVC?
In civilized countries of the goods from PVC usually put special markings – the number “3″, surrounded by arrows. Some manufacturers simply write PVC or Vinyl. In Russia, unfortunately, goods made of plastic little marked. However, PVC can be distinguished on several grounds:
* Bending packaging line bending appears white band;
* PVC bottles have a bluish or blue color;
* Another distinctive feature of packaging made of PVC – the seam on the bottom of the bottle with two symmetric rolls.
Manufacturers of PVC asserting that without that plastic can not do, but it is clear that in most industries PVC can be replaced with wood, metal, glass, “chlorine free” plastic.
Many manufacturers have already replaced the linoleum PVC rubber and other materials. Do not forget also that the floor is always possible to cover the good old wooden parquet. Window frames made of PVC can easily be replaced by solid wood or aluminum. Pipes can be installed from polyethylene, steel, copper, carbon steel, earthenware. PVC cables, plugs, sockets, electrical sockets, as well as the range, recycle bin for paper, pens, etc. can be substituted analogues of polyethylene, ethylene-vinyl acetate, polyamide, silicone.
Toy PVC is also a much safer alternatives: first, toys, polypropylene and polyethylene, as well as fabric, wood, etc. Plastic bags can be replaced with reusable packaging, made from environmentally friendly materials: paper, glass, fabric. Instead of vinyl is better to buy paper, and bathroom and kitchen tiles to choose (or waterproof emulsion paint – this type of paint is enough eco-friendly).